Thursday 1 September 2016

Kids Books to Keep Forever

The list this week comes from Mamamia recently. They had a podcast discussion of the toys and books that we should keep instead of throwing away. I love that they viewed it as an anti KonMari moment- I've just read the book and am working on my review. I did wonder about this sort of thing along the way, if you throw everything out what is left for the next generation?

Koala Lou - Mem Fox, Pamela Lofts (illustrator)

Possum Magic - Mem Fox, Julie Vivas (illustrator)

The BFG - Roald Dahl, Quentin Blake (illustrator)




The Poky Little Puppy - Janette Sebring Lowrey, Gustaf Tenggren (illustrator)

There's A Hippopotamus On Our Roof Eating Cake - Hazel Edwards, Deborah Niland (illustrator)

The Tiger Who Came To Tea - Judith Kerr

The Witches - Roald Dahl, Quentin Blake (illustrator) (see my review)

The Very Hungry Caterpillar - Eric Carle

The Complete Adventures Of Snuggle Pot and Cuddle Pie - May Gibbs




8/9

My best list result ever! I became rather excited when clicking through the list gallery on the website. Would I actually have read all the books? Tension built as each title came up, until the very last. I have seen a play of Snuggle Pot and Cuddle Pie and possibly read it as a child, or had it read to me, but I don't remember so it doesn't count. 

The BFG is one of my favourite Dahl's, and one of my favourite books ever. 

2 comments:

Brona said...

We moved around a lot when I was growing up. One of my young adult moves, saw me throw out my ABBA scrapbook that I had been keeping since 1977.

Biggest regret of my life!

Keep all those childhood books that were important or significant - one day you'll want to share them with the grandchildren :-)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Almost all of these are 1001 books. I wonder why Poky Little Puppy isn't?