Thursday 28 January 2016

10 Great Books All Children Should Read

A new great list from The Conversation about friendship and families.

1. Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes - Mem Fox, Helen Oxenbury

2. Over the Hills and Far Away: A Treasure of Nursery Rhymes from Around the World - Elizabeth Hammill

3. Bear & Chook - Lisa Shanahan, Emma Quay



4. The Lion and the Bird - Marianne Dubuc

5. The Day the Crayons Quit - Drew Daywalt, Oliver Jeffers

6. Herman and Rosie - Gus Gordon

7. My Two Blankets - Irena Kobold, Freya Blackwood (see my review)

8.  Animalium - Katie Scott, Jenny Broom



9. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (illustrated edition) - J.K. Rowling, Jim Kay

10. His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman

5/10

Although I have read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, just not the illustrated edition.

I do love how these lists always contain books you've never heard of.

June 2016 6/10

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I dont have a lot of small people in my life so I rarely come across childrens books. Ive read the Phillip Pullmam series but all of these are new to me. I might even see if i can find one for myself. Thanks