Monday 27 July 2015

Paris Plages

Paris and Parisians love seasonality.


Paris in July is often Hot, Hot, Hot. Much of the year is bleak (apparently) and so they make the most of it. Part of the appreciation of summer is the annual extravaganza on the banks of the Seine, Paris Plages ( Paris Beach).

We caught the first few days of this tremendous transformation at the very end of our trip in 2013.







They've tried hard to make it fun. 





Free Petanque

The crowd brings fun with them too. 

I'm not sure if this guy lost a bet or not. 
Paris in July
Dreaming of France is a wonderful Monday meme
from Paulita at An Accidental Blog 


5 comments:

Paulita said...

Grace and I just said yesterday that we'd love to be in Paris for the beaches along the Seine. I think one year we'll have to go to see the end of the Tour de France and the Paris Plages. Thanks for playing along with Dreaming of France. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Esme said...

This is fun-although I would want to jump in.

Anonymous said...

I've never walked the 'sandy shore' of the Seine. Thanks for sharing these interesting photos.

Jeanie said...

I've never been to Paris in the summer but oh, how I would love to see this! How clever!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Isn't that surprising?!