Wednesday 16 July 2014

Top 10 Books on Paris

Another great Paris booklist from the Guardian with still more inspiration. See the kids list here.













This list was compiled by Malcolm Burgess, publisher of Oxygen Books City-Lit series. It's almost like he's browsed my Paris TBR shelf! I've even dragged a couple of these titles to Paris to read there, and still haven't read them, but I never get any reading done in Paris- I holiday too hard to have any energy left at the end of the day.

 Of course I have bought the City-Lit Paris book, but not read it either…



Books on France, a great 2014 challenge
 from Emma at 
Words and Peace


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

really neat, thanks!

Tamara said...

Love a good list! Doesn't matter where the list came from, I think you've got an interesting TBR pile! I like the covers of The Piano Shop, and Books, Baguettes and Bedbugs. On that basis I'd choose them. Has anyone else read these?

Brona said...

I can certainly recommend The Hare With the Amber Eyes.
I'm a little more ambivalent about Parisians...and I have very high hopes for The Elegance of the Hedgehog, Zola & Hugo :-)

The rest are unknowns...and therefore, also highly tempting/promising!

Jeanie said...

On this list, I've only read Hedgehog but I can see I'm in for plenty more vicarious journeys to my favorite city with these to choose from!

Thanks so much for stopping by The Marmelade Gypsy. I'm just starting to catch up on Paris in July!

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT list! Several of these will end up on the TBR list for sure.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

How did I miss this?! (Oh, that's right, I was offline while I was in Chicago for my son's wedding last week!)

Thank you for sharing this list. Not sure I'd completely agree (Where is Paris to the Moon?!) but then again I haven't read all of this wise man's choices.