Sunday 26 February 2012

Horrible Histories

Recently my son and I have taken to watching Horrible Histories on ABC 3. I've been surprised at how much both of us like it. We love it actually. And both of us learn stuff.

Like the Kings of England. 





What Alfred Nobel was really famous for. And why he created the Nobel Prize. 


They even take off my other favourite shows.



It's quite a fascinating show actually. Entertaining, educational and best of all- laugh out loud funny. And now there's a whole series of books for me to check out too. The books have been coming thick and fast since 1993, so there's plenty to choose from.

2 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

Sapphire love love LOVES the books and borrowed as many as she could from the library and then went so far as to visit the website and find the whole list of titles so that she could put in requests to buy the others for birthdays, Christmas etc. They're well worth finding for you and your kids.

Louise said...

She's frightfully well read your daughter. I'm looking forward to at least reading the Dublin and France books. And I did borrow their book on death from the library yesterday.